WEATHER DELAYS AND CLOSURES
ALERT! COVID-19: A message to our families from Dual Star
Dear Dual Star Families,
Just like you, we are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The health and safety of our students, teachers and families is of the utmost importance. We are asking for your partnership to approach this challenge together to help ensure best practice for the safety and wellness of all Dual Star families. Please stay home if you or your child is showing any symptoms of illness.
Until Further Notice:
- We will no longer have shoes to borrow
- Drop off only – if you are not taking a class, we ask that all other parents/kids stay in their cars or drop off and pick up only.
What we as a studio are doing:
• Increasing the amount of hand sanitizer throughout the studios
• Increasing the frequency of sanitizing all door handles, ballet barres and props
• Ensuring that a staff member stay home at the first sign of any illness
Please be mindful of everyone around you:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cough into a tissue or your elbow (not your hand). Then throw the tissue away and wash hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Spring Break Closure
Beginning Monday, March 16th – 22nd, Dual Star will be closed for Spring Break (this will include all private lessons, studio rentals, etc) so that we can deep clean and sanitize the studios fully.
IF Douglas County School District remains open after Spring Break…
Beginning Monday, March 23rd, if Douglas County School District remains open for classes, Dual Star will also remain open. However, we will be providing students the options of either taking class at Dual Star as usual or students may choose to take class via virtual streaming. We will be sending you specific information and directions in the next week should you choose to stay home and take class virtually. Classes will remain with your current instructor and take place at your current class time.
IF Douglas County School District closes…
If Douglas County School District closes for a period, Dual Star will close for all physical classes at Dual Star for that same period. However, Dual Star will continue the virtual streaming so that students can continue to take class at home with their normal teacher at their normal class time.
Please check your email and the website regularly for updates and further instructions. Directions on how to stream your specific class will follow in another email and text in the next week.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we continue to monitor COVID-19. We will continue to post updates on our website at www.dualstardance.com and via email.
Dual Star abides by the Douglas County School District academic schedule for most holiday closures as well as ALL severe weather closures.
If DCSD announces school closure due to weather, Dual Star will also be closed for all classes on that day. If DCSD does not cancel school BUT cancels all after school activities, Dual Star will also be closed for all afternoon/evening classes.
We will inform all families via email, website, text and social media as well as on our voicemail.
All students who would’ve missed classes that day are able to make up those class/classes per the missed class policy.
MISSED CLASS POLICY:
If a dancer misses any classes throughout the month, they can make it up within 4 weeks in any class, as long as it is in their level and age group. You do not need to schedule this with us, just come as you please!